Built from the racing DNA of Yamaha’s R World Supersport motorcycle pedigree, the YZF-R3’s advanced twin-cylinder engine, nimble handling and R-series design make it the top choice for street and track riders seeking lightweight supersport performance. Beginning in July, the pure racing spirit of Yamaha’s legendary MotoGP team makes its way to the new 2020 Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Edition YZF-R3 Supersport motorcycle, further expanding the racing DNA connection with a special livery.
This special edition YZF-R3 calls to its racing pedigree with an edgy, aggressive look that reflects the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP YZR-M1’s styling, made famous by MotoGP superstars Valentino Rossi and Maverick Viñales.
A genuine Supersport bike, the Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Edition YZF-R3 has the performance to match the aggressive styling it displays. The 321cc liquid-cooled eight-valve fuel injected engine delivers smooth-running and quick-revving power. Yamaha’s all-aluminum DiASil cylinder combined with forged aluminum pistons ensures excellent heat dissipation with an innovative offset design that improves power and fuel efficiency.
The YZF-R3’s lightweight steel frame delivers the perfect balance of rigidity and weight. The long, asymmetrical swingarm design maximizes the efficient transmission of engine power to the rear wheel, while a preload-adjustable KYB rear shock with Monocross optimizes mass centralization. Combined with a KYB inverted front fork, a 30.7-inch (780mm) seat height, and approximately 50/50 front-rear weight distribution, the YZF-R3 provides nimble handling around town and on the race track.
The new 2020 Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP Edition YZF-R3 is the ultimate homage to the YZR-M1 MotoGP look and will be available beginning in July for an MSRP of $5,599.
- R-Series body styling with Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP livery
- 321cc, inline two-cylinder engine
- Compact and lightweight chassis
- Inverted front fork with optimized spring and damping settings
- Digital LCD multi-function meter with a clean, modern layout
- Redefined Sportbike ergonomics for improved confidence
- 10-spoke cast aluminum wheels and Dunlop radial tires
- Powerful ABS braking system with 298mm front disc and 220mm rear disc
- 3.7-gallon fuel tank and 56 mile-per-gallon fuel efficiency