Yamaha Motor Corp., USA is introducing two new Special Edition models to its growing line of Side-by-Side vehicles. Yamaha’s YXZ1000R and Wolverine both receive new Special Edition versions for 2016.
The new YXZ1000R SE features an all-new Silver Metallic and Blaze Red Metallic painted exterior and interior with color matched seats and A-arms, along with durable 14-inch true bead lock wheels to tackle terrain with style and function. The new YXZ1000R is Assembled in the USA at Yamaha’s factory in Newnan, Georgia, and is scheduled to arrive at Yamaha dealerships in April. MSRP is $21,599.
The new Wolverine SE features Tactical Black and Matte Silver painted bodywork with color matched seats, convenient under seat storage, and durable injection-molded polypropylene overfenders for increased protection from the elements. Furthering the off-road capability and comfort of the Wolverine, the new SE adopts a stout yet lightweight full-length, full-coverage aluminum skid plate set – including the front bash plate, center, rear and side frame skids – aluminum A-arm guards, robust 12-inch true bead lock wheels and a new soft grip over-mold steering wheel with a design exclusively developed for ultimate off-road control and handling. The new Wolverine SE starts arriving at Yamaha dealerships late this month. MSRP is $14,799.
“Yamaha’s expanding Side-by-Side line is creating all-new options for enthusiasts who appreciate quality and performance,” said Mike Martinez, Yamaha’s RV Group vice president. “These exciting new YXZ1000R and Wolverine SE models not only look great with unique painted plastics, they offer other special features our core SxS enthusiasts have been asking for.”
The YXZ1000R has established itself as the first and only pure sport SxS combining the industry’s first and most powerful naturally aspirated three-cylinder 998cc sport engine with the first ever 5-speed sequential shift manual transmission in a SxS. The YXZ1000R is born of Yamaha’s true high-performance DNA – creating a direct connection to the driver and serving up unmatched power and handling characteristics, resulting in a vehicle perfectly positioned as the only choice for the pure sport SxS enthusiast. Additional YXZ1000R highlights include:
- The industry’s first 3-cylinder, 12-valve, DOHC, liquid cooled, 998cc sport engine producing the most reliable and durable power of any 1,000cc-class machine.
- The industry’s first 5-speed sequential shift manual transmission in a SxS vehicle, delivering a direct connection between driver and machine for superior performance, confidence and the first and only pure sport SxS vehicle and experience.
- Massive long travel FOX 2.5 Podium Shocks®with 16-inches of travel in front and 17-inches out back.
- All-new styling embodying Yamaha’s passion for pure sport performance and the SxS enthusiasts’ independent, confident and aggressive attitude.
- A sporty two-seat chassis featuring a cockpit-like cab with comfortable and convenient ergonomics, plush contoured high-back, cut-and-stitch seats, sliding adjustable driver’s seat, and a soft-grip, tilt-adjustable steering wheel with 147mm of vertical travel.
The Wolverine sets the SxS standard in off-road capability and class-leading comfort. Designed and engineered for exploring extreme terrain, it features a nimble chassis with a compact design, look and feel, along with Yamaha’s proven core technologies: Ultramatic fully-automatic transmission, On-Command four-wheel drive and Electric Power Steering.
Along with the greatest suspension adjustability in its class with ultra-long-stroke KYB nitrogen gas charged piggyback shocks, the Wolverine’s automotive-style cab is designed to provide maximum comfort and confidence for both driver and passenger, especially in extreme off-road environments, and its injection-molded composite fixed-position cargo bed is both lightweight and durable. Yamaha Wolverine SxS models feature a double overhead cam, 708cc engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character for exciting recreational driving.
Every Yamaha SxS is assembled at Yamaha’s U.S. factory in Newnan, Georgia, for worldwide distribution.
View additional details on the new SxS models, along with Yamaha’s full lineup on www.YamahaMotorsports.com.