Thursday, April 28, 10 a.m. PT
MIC Members: Free
How will the electrification of the powersports industry affect business, consumers and sales?
Join the Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) on April 28, 2022 at 10 a.m. PT as we discuss the future of electrically-powered transportation and recreation. We will continue the conversation started during the AIMExpo Electrification of Powersports Symposiums.
The electrification of vehicles affects lifestyles, the economy and our industry. We have challenges to face and opportunities to realize, including consumer acceptance, dealer support, policy and regulatory demands, range, charging infrastructure, and battery life and disposal, to name a few. To prepare for this change, it is essential to understand how plug-in technology will be used in the powersports industry and issues surrounding social acceptance.
With the advancement in e-powersports, join us to discuss the opportunities and potential hurdles ahead. MIC’s Scott Schloegel, senior vice president of government relations, will moderate the panel of industry insiders.
Among the topics to be discussed:
- How can manufacturers serve the industry by offering new products, from high-performance electric motorcycles to ATVs, UTVs, scooters and bicycles?
- From an aftermarket perspective, how can we support this technology and development?
- How can dealers integrate electric vehicles and accessories into their product offerings?
- What is the current regulatory and policy landscape like, and what do we see on the horizon?
- How can we address battery-related concerns, such as charging facilities, charging time, range anxiety, and battery recycling and disposal?
- Rod Lopusnak, general manager, Triumph Motorcycles North America
- Dan Quick, director of communications, Zero Motorcycles
- Laurence Kuykendall, marketing director, Energica Motor Co.
- Scott Schloegel, senior vice president government relations, Motorcycle Industry Council