Beta engineers have been busy improving the U.S.’s best-selling range of off-road models. The 2024 RR Race Editions continue to see developmental upgrades to ensure the brand is at the top of the performance category. New features for the 300 model include an all-new frame, as well as a new twin-spark ignition system. Most of the other models receive the new frame as well, which further enhances the range. All 2024 Race Edition two-stroke models retain premixing to reduce weight. An oil injection kit is available as an accessory at all Beta USA dealers.
There is no dismissing the sheer beauty of the RR Race Edition models. Italian engineers have perfected the art of designing a beautiful motorcycle. Combined with the added performance upgrades for 2024, these models further emphasize the talent of the Beta team based out of Florence, Italy.
Through many hours of race team development, working with current World Champion Brad Freeman, Beta has transferred the race team’s technology into a production model with an innovative twin-spark ignition system. This new system utilizes two spark plugs in the cylinder head that are fired at the same time. This dramatically improves the engine’s overall torque while still providing top-end power when needed. Both torque and overall horsepower have been increased.
The new twin-spark system decreases fuel consumption while offering a cleaner burning engine. This system, combined with the revolutionary Keihin carburetor, provides a clean running engine, similar to that of an electronic fuel-injection (EFI) model yet still retains the linear power delivery that only a carburetor can provide. An added bonus to the twin spark ignition is that in the event of a fouled or faulty spark plug, the bike will continue to run.
The 125s have always been important models with Beta. The goal is to provide the future stars of the sport a platform to improve their riding techniques without sacrificing any of the racing performance. For 2024, the engine has been redesigned with an all-new cylinder and power valve system further enhancing the power. This new power valve system, along with the new porting, responds quicker; therefore, the engine “spins-up” quicker. All of these improvements have increased the peak power without taking away the torque that this model is known for.
- Frame (all models excluding 125 and 200): A new frame has been developed to increase the rigidness of the overall bike, which has improved the turning stability of the chassis. Ten-millimeter-larger tubes in the steering head area reduce the flex under heavy load without hampering the overall feel and rideability of the chassis. This feature has been used in the World Enduro bikes for the 2023 season similar to the twin spark, proving that racing development is alive and well in production models.
Other frame updates include new footpeg mounts, which are less likely to hang up in deep ruts. Along with the footpeg mounts, the mounting point for the rear brake master cylinder has been updated to accept the new Nissin rear brake master cylinder.
- Rear Brake: A new Nissin rear brake cylinder is an updated version (except on 125 and 200) that provides more modulation of the rear brake while still providing the rider with a top-level rear brake feeling over rocks and downhills.
Traction Control: Four-Strokes
The traction control (TC), which can be disabled at any moment, is now a fundamental feature of the larger engine sizes and is therefore found on the 2024 models too. Management of this system is via the usual button on the control panel between the steering tube and the fuel tank. As both the TC function and engine map selection function are controlled from this panel, it has two control buttons and two separate indicator LEDs for the two functions.
Suspension: Entire Range
Since 2020, all Race Editions come standard with top-of-the-line Kayaba (KYB) suspension front and rear. KYB needs no introduction, and the engineers from Beta have developed settings along with the Beta race team that are unmatched in the off-road racing world. The front and rear suspension have been tuned specifically to work in conjunction with the new frame.
- 48-millimeter KYB AOS closed cartridge fork: Anodized internal parts and the treatments administered to the materials minimize sliding friction, while adjustable compression and rebound damping let each rider find the perfect customization of the setting.
- Kayaba (KYB) C46 rear shock: The KYB shock can be seen as a gold standard in the racing scene in terms of its ability to absorb the roughness of the terrain, the level of traction transferred to the vehicle and the consistency of performance even under particularly heavy use, and its hydraulic setting can be fully customized by adjusting the external compression (both high and low speed) and rebound settings.
Added Racing Components: Entire Range
- Quick release front axle: Immediately recognizable by the red anodized alloy release lever, this component is crucial for saving precious seconds in a race when you need to change a tire.
- Reinforced handguards: The all-new handguards, designed and manufactured in-house by Betamotor, feature a two-component material mold in red and blue, which not only gives the bike a racing look but also makes them especially durable, even the roughest off-road use.
- Billet-machined footpegs: To ensure maximum control at all times and ensure no loss of contact with the bike, the RR Racing models are fitted with extra-wide, black, aluminum racing footpegs with steel pins.
- Rear sprocket with anodized aluminum core and steel teeth by ZF SPROCKETS: Top-class performance, lightness, and strength — the perfect mix of light weight and durability.
- Dedicated red and blue racing seat: With non-slip top cover and pouch pocket for unparalleled grip, comfort, and practicality
- Anodized black shift lever and rear brake pedal
- Transmission oil filler cap, engine oil filler cap and oil filter cap anodized red aluminum
- Chain tensioners in red aluminum
- New racing graphics
|125 Race||$8,999||350 Race||$10,999|
|200 Race||$9,799||390 Race||$11,099|
|250 Race||$10,199||430 Race||$11,199|
|300 Race||$10,399||480 Race||$11,299|