The AMA Land Speed Grand Championship returns to the iconic Bonneville Salt Flats this year after a disappointing cancellation in 2022. While some contenders will chase world records, anyone can take part in ‘Run Watcha Brung’ – an open class top-speed motorcycle competition.
Here are a few top picks for bikes that you can test on the Bonneville Speedway with eBay Motors:
- The BMW S1000RR (1) has a lightweight frame and low-drag design to reach impressive top speeds.
- Stunning design and unbeatable power/weight ratio make up the Ducati Panigale V4 (2).
- The Triumph Rocket 3 (3) is just one model of the legendary Triumph line of bikes that have a history of breaking records, holding the title of ‘World’s Fastest Motorcycle’ for 14 years.
If you’re looking for the tighter spec class competitions, here are a few winning models from years past:
- At the 2021 BMST, Tyrell Marlow and his team set three new FIM world records and two national records on a completely rebuilt Suzuki TL1000 (4).
- Corey Bertelsen set a new FIM world land speed record in 2019 at more than 168 MPH in his Suzuki GSXR 750 (5).
- In 2018, Dan Schmalle rode a 1962 Honda Super Hawk (6) that he built to smash an AMA national land speed record at the Salt Flats.