Bel-Ray sponsored racer, Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing team, finished as the 450MX class winner with a 1-1 finish at the August 13 AMA Pro Motocross Championship race at Unadilla National.
After an early move from third to first, Roczen pulled out an impressive 14-second lead to win the first moto. Roczen’s moto two performance was even more dominant, starting the race with the holeshot, and steadily pulling away from the field to complete the 1-1 finish with a 37-second lead over the runner up. With his seventh victory of the season, Roczen’s overall championship lead allowed him a 63 point spread over second place with two rounds remaining in the 2016 season.
“Both motos for me were really good and my starts were as good as they’ve been all year,” Roczen said. “The first one, I was about third and made some quick passes. I got myself in the lead and put down a few good laps. Towards the end, I tapered down and played it safe to make sure we got the win. I grabbed the holeshot in the second moto, which is an amazing feeling. I feel like my starts have been a lot better. I just put the hammer down. I just tried to stay focused and not do anything stupid. We had another really good day. We need two more weekends just like that.”
Bel-Ray’s family of sponsored riders achieved the following results at the tenth round of the 2016 AMA Pro Motocross Championship:
RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing Team
- Ken Roczen – (1-1) 1stoverall in the 450MX Class at Unadilla National
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team
- Martin Davalos – (11-8) 8thoverall in the 250MX Class at Unadilla National
- Zach Osborne – (33-40) 39thoverall in the 250MX Class at Unadilla National
- Ronnie Stewart – (26-22) 25thoverall in the 450MX Class at Unadilla National
- Aaron Lampi – (23-25) 26th overall in the 450MX Class at Unadilla National
- Joey Peters- (25-24) 27thoverall in the 450MX Class at Unadilla National
- Kevin Rookstool – (21-38) 31stoverall in the 450MX Class at Unadilla National
- Jeremy Smith– (29-32) 34thoverall in the 450MX Class at Unadilla National
The next round of the AMA Pro Motocross season will take place on August 20 in Mechanicsville, Md. at Budds Creek National. For more information: www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.