Rockford Fosgate has announced the new “No Power Wire Required” PM100X1K Punch Element-Ready 100-Watt full range mono amplifier is now available. Designed for mobile, motorsport and marine applications, the PM100X1K has an MSRP of $399.99 per pair (left/right).
The Element-Ready PM100X1K is a high dynamic power amplifier that utilizes our patent pending BTL-powered ‘Freeload’ technology and a conformal coated pc board for multiple applications in a small, stealth-like package for installation basically anywhere…whether you’re on the road, on the beach, or on the water. The single-channel PM100X1K amplifier provides a very unique amplifier solution…it utilizes the speaker output of the radio to not only provide the audio signal it needs, but also the power that runs the unit. This is done through a combination of the DC offset voltage commonly present and the audio AC signal itself. It also presents a safe load to the radio amp circuit to eliminate excessive wear and tear on the radio, making it ideal for both OEM and aftermarket radio integration.
The patent pending technology in the PM100X1K initially uses the DC offset voltage for its turn on power as well as primary amplification power. As volume is increased and the output power demand rises, the amplifier begins sharing the power load between the DC and AC signals. Once high volume is reached, the majority of the amplifier’s power is provided from the AC signal only and is supplemented by its internal storage bank.
This design allows it to actually charge its capacitive bank on the downside of the AC signal wave which is essentially unused power anyway. It also presents no more load to the radio than a standard 2/4 ohm speaker would thus keeping the radio amplifier circuit safe from low impedance conditions. This design allows the amplifier to be connected to a radio with a rated 20-watt output and produce up to 100 watts dynamically. The unit also features a 2/4 ohm input switch to match the amplifier to the output impedance rating of the radio circuit. For speaker protection, we incorporate and selectable high pass crossover with setting at 60, 80, and 100Hz.
For added versatility, an add on B+ wire is included and can be tied to other lower current circuits in its proximity for use in rare cases where there is not enough DC voltage present to power the amp at turn on. It is also Element Ready with an IPX6 rating for those installs where moisture may be present. These design features make the amplifier ideal for OEM or aftermarket upgrades because the amplifiers can be hidden in the dash or doors of the vehicle, in the fairing of a bike, or, frankly, anywhere a speaker exists.
Additional specifications and features include:
- Frequency Response: 60Hz to 20kHz +/- 1.0dB
- Crossover: Selectable 60Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz Selectable @ 12dB/octave Butterworth
- Dynamic Power: 61 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm
- Dimensions: 1.3 x 3 x 3.9 (in); 3.3 x 7.62 x 9.91 (cm)
- Patent Pending BTL Powered “FreeLoad” Technology
- Harvests both B+ and Audio Signal From Standard Head Unit Speaker Outputs
- Uses Stored Energy from BTL Amplifier to Produce Dynamic Power of More Than 100W
- Current Limited to Protect Head Unit for Both 4 Ohm and 2 Ohm Configurations
- High Level Turn On
- Optional B+ Connection for Non-Standard Speaker Outputs
- Selectable 4 and 2 Ohm Play
- Small Stealth Package that Allows for Anywhere Installation
- Pig Tail Connectivity for Easy Installation
- Extruded Aluminum Heat Sink
- Muted turn on
- Thermal Protection
- Short Circuit & Over Voltage Protection
- Discrete Surface Mount Technology
- CEA-2006 Compliant & CE Compliant
- Sold in pairs (left/right)
- 2-Year Standard Warranty
For more information: www.rockfordfosgate.com.