Arctic Cat Inc. introduced several new off-road models and a growing partnership with Garmin as part of its model year 2023 launch. The growing lineup offers more vehicles that cater to a wider variety of riders so more enthusiasts can enjoy the great outdoors.
“Arctic Cat is building on the momentum of our model year 2022 lineup that included the introduction of the all-new Alterra 600 ATV and state-of-the-art GPS integration with Garmin,” said Heidi McNary, vice president and general manager, powersports for Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc. “Model Year 2023 offers more targeted models developed to conquer unique terrains, continuing to show our commitment to the industry and giving off-road enthusiasts more opportunities to share the ride.”
Announced for model year 2022, the all-new Alterra 600 was built from the ground up, featuring an all-new engine, drivetrain and chassis to deliver increased power, better handling, more durability and easier servicing. The vehicle’s all-new 600cc, single-cylinder, fuel-injected engine — built by Arctic Cat in the U.S. — offers 45 horsepower and complements its all-new chassis with a lower center of gravity for incredible balance, increased stability and a performance-oriented ride experience. Its CVT system features a set of Arctic Cat-tuned CVTech Trailbloc drive and Invance driven clutches for increased performance, smooth low-speed engagement and longer belt life. The ATV was thoughtfully designed with a new steering geometry for more agility, an exhaust that is routed down and out of the middle of the vehicle to keep heat off the rider, electronic four-wheel drive engagement for switching from two- to four-wheel drive and easily accessible storage under the handlebars.
Building on the success of the highly sought-after Alterra 600, model year 2023 offers three additional models, so more off-road enthusiasts can share the ride. The new TRV, MudPro and Black Hills Edition offer the same features of the Alterra 600 but include model-specific enhancements for a wider variety of riders.
2-Up riders can bring a friend on the new Alterra 600 TRV, featuring a longer wheelbase to safely accommodate a passenger. The highly capable Alterra 600 Mud Pro conquers the mud with its relocated radiator on top of the front rack and snorkels that keep mud and water out of the engine, along with 28-inch mud tires and selectable locking front differential to enhance traction on difficult terrains. Trail enthusiasts will appreciate the new, fully featured Alterra 600 Black Hills Edition that offers 28-inch tires and high-clearance control arms to conquer the toughest trails, along with selectable locking front differential and a lower gear ratio transaxle.
The full Alterra 600 model lineup includes:
- Alterra 600 and 2-Up TRV EPS in Arctic Cat Medium Green and Black with steel wheels and 25-inch tires
- Alterra 600 and 2-Up TRV XT with aluminum wheels and 25-inch tires with 11.5 inches of ground clearance and a premium bumper, available in Phantom Grey
- Alterra 600 and 2-Up TRV LTD with 14-inch aluminum wheels and larger tires with 12.25 inches of ground clearance, composite racks, premium bumper, winch and selectable locking front differential, available in Fossil
- Alterra 600 SE with 14-inch aluminum wheels and larger tires with 12.25 inches of ground clearance, composite racks, premium bumper, winch and selectable locking front differential, available in Phantom Grey
- Alterra 600 Mud Pro in Quick Silver and Alterra 600 Black Hills Edition in White.
The Prowler Pro is known for its quiet 50-horsepower, 812cc electronic fuel injection (EFI) engine, comfortable ride, unmatched capabilities, ample storage and durability. Last year, Arctic Cat made significant improvements to the three-person Prowler Pro and six-person Prowler Pro Crew side-by-sides, including a new suspension with more ground clearance — up to 13 inches. It also has enhanced half-shafts to match the added capabilities of the revised suspension and a new performance-tuned CVTech clutch that is perfectly suited to utility applications, with Arctic Cat-tuned Trailbloc drive and Invance driven clutches for increased performance, smooth low-speed engagement and long life. Arctic Cat also improved the engine cooling system to reduce fan run time and enhance engine performance. All models are equipped with an aggressive new bumper with integrated headlight protection and new aluminum, seven-spoke wheels that provide the perfect finishing touch.
The model year 2023 Prowler Pro and Crew are available in three models:
- EPS in Medium Green
- XT in Phantom Grey featuring a premium front bumper, Medium Green springs, 4,500-pound Warn winch, LED-accented front lights and standard roof
- LTD in Fossil with color-matched Spark Orange front bumper, springs and roll-over protection system (ROPS); premium seats; 4,500-pound WARN Winch; LED-accented front lights; standard roof and overhead storage console.
The Wildcat XX side-by-side was built for a superior ride in every aspect with its trailing-arm rear suspension. Its off-road racing-inspired suspension system features standard 30-inch tires and heavy-duty components to deliver exceptional handling and more than 18 inches of travel in the front and rear. The FOX 2.5 PODIUM QS3 Shocks with bottom-out control are precision-tuned at the factory, with the flexibility to absorb and smooth out the most challenging rides. The Wildcat XX’s powerful 130 horsepower, 998cc three-cylinder EFI engine offers unmatched power to the ground for an exhilarating ride experience. The vehicle also features high electrical output to power various accessories for additional customization, and its spacious cabin is comfortable for a wide variety of riders.
For model year 2023, the Wildcat XX lineup welcomes the Black Hills Edition for those who like the ultimate off-road adventure. The model’s 32-inch tires, lower gear ratio in the transaxle, rock sliders and bumpers make it a superior rock crawling machine. It also features a modified Garmin TREAD SxS Navigator with an 5.5-inch ultrabright display and an Extended Range Antenna, which replaces the external inReach antenna included with the Garmin Tread accessory package. The rugged powersport device features turn-by-turn trail navigation for traversing unpaved roads and trails. The Navigator comes preloaded with topographic maps, U.S. public and private landowner information, and subscription-free Birdseye Satellite Imagery. The integrated system ensures enthusiasts can find the toughest trails, communicate with other riders and get back to the trailhead at the end of a great ride. Garmin TREAD also can be seamlessly integrated into other Wildcat XX models, Prowler Pro and Alterra 600 EPS ATVs as part of the continued relationship.
The full Wildcat XX EPS lineup includes:
- XX in Fossil and Black with Spark Orange accents and a color-matched suspension
- LTD in Flat Black with Medium Green accents featuring a color-matched suspension and ROPS. The vehicle also includes the ADAPT CVT as well as front and rear bumpers.
- SE in Phantom Grey with Electric Blue accents featuring color-matched suspension and ROPS. The vehicle also includes the ADAPT CVT, front bumper and rock sliders.
- Wildcat XX Black Hills Edition in White.
Arctic Cat continues to offer the Alterra 450, Alterra 300 and Alterra 90 as part of its model year 2023 off-road lineup. All models are available in Arctic Cat dealerships this fall. Arctic Cat is proud to be headquartered in Thief River Falls, Minnesota. For more information, visit a local Arctic Cat dealer or go to ArcticCat.com.