The EVO Factory models represent the racing EVOlution of Beta’s trial bikes and, as usual, are being launched on the market in February, just before the start of the racing season.
For the 2024 models, some updates have been made to refine the motorcycle while maintaining its racing pedigree.
The differences between the engines equipping Factory versions and standard versions are as follows:
- Magnesium crankcase with black finish: Featuring a particularly eye-catching design, this component provides a weight reduction of 3 pounds to further maximize the agility of the bike.
- Trimmed clutch discs: Created specifically to maximize clutch precision and controllability in every possible situation and to make the most extreme repetitive actions easier to manage even at high rpm, such as big obstacles and rear wheel hops. This ensures extreme precision every time.
- Black anodized engine oil plugs
- Titanium exhaust: On the 250/300 models, this provides a weight reduction of over 1.25 pounds and ensures greater performance at medium-high engine speeds, thanks to its greater internal diameter.
The EVO Factory 125’s exhaust, once again made of titanium, stands out from that of the larger engine sizes due to its internal structure, with an initial conical section (cylinder side) providing an increase in torque and acceleration at low rpms.
Like on the 2024 standard EVO models, the recently introduced new crankshaft and connecting rod reduces the crankcase volume on the 250 and 300 two-stroke models. An updated piston completes the new package providing an even more refined power delivery.
The EVO Factory models are equipped with higher-performance engines than the standard EVO models. Due to the reduced crankcase weight, the titanium header and reduced alternating masses, the bike is more manageable, while the engines provide improved performance and rideability, reaching another level of power and responsiveness. The handling is top of their class, and vibration is minimized.
The four-stroke Factory variant also benefits from a series of upgrades over the standard EVO version. The electronic control unit receives a higher power rating, which translates to improved spark stability and improved combustion at all engine speeds. In order to provide an outlet for the greater available power, the EVO Factory 4-stroke is also equipped with a lighter weight and higher performance titanium silencer.
Frame and Suspension
In terms of the frame and design, the new Evo Factory models differ from the standard version as follows:
- Gold front forks: The 2024 Evo Factory is confirmed to have gold forks, which provide the model with both aesthetic and functional benefits. The gold color is the result of a titanium nitride (TiN) treatment, allowing for smoother sliding of the fork, the hydraulic management of which remains entrusted to the recently introduced internal damping system. The continuous refinement of the settings ensures a suspension package that is at the top of the range in the trial bike sector, thanks in no small part to its combination with the mono-shock that has an optimized spring guide geometry (with red spring).
- Progressive linkage: The configuration of the rear suspension linkage is more progressive, in order to ensure greater traction and provide a superior feel to the rider. This facilitates wheelies and helps overcome large obstacles.
- New triple clamps: Machined from billets with blue anodized finish, they provide stiffness and lightness (weighing around 100 grams less than standard models). They also feature fore-aft adjustable handlebar brackets to let the rider find his or her ideal position. The new color introduced for the 2024 models also lends the bike a zero-compromise appearance.
- Chain adjusters, handlebar end plugs and footpegs with black anodized finish: The footpegs are durable, lightweight components, with the non-slip steel pins ensuring maximum grip.
- Version-specific radiator hoses in red silicone: Offering improved cooling performance, these components also give the bike a thoroughbred racing look.
- Galfer racing brake discs: These discs offer maximum braking power and are extremely lightweight, which contributes to reducing unsprung mass and maximizes the bike’s rideability.
- BrakTec brake and clutch master cylinders
- Rear brake caliper with anti-vibration system for pads
- New blue anodized Morad wheels
- Michelin X-light tires: Leader in the sector in terms of weight, performance and grip in all situations.
- New graphics: Red and blue have always been the colors used for Beta’s race-ready models, and this new EVO Factory does not disappoint. The Beta red of the plastic parts and decals is perfectly paired with the details and elegant new components in Ergal blue. The model’s look is further enhanced by the new matte-gloss graphics, with the matte red parts contrasting with the glossy blue and white.
The new Evo Factory 2024 models are also equipped for the first time with the new Beta electronic key:
- Electronic key: The traditional kill-switch has been replaced with Betamotor’s new patented electronic key. It is a magnetic lanyard-type kill switch, which provides both the function of theft protection and that of protecting the bike and driver, for which Betamotor holds an exclusive European patent (EP3064405B1). The key is a two-part component, like the device it replaces: One part remains fastened to the bike’s handlebars, while the other is magnetic (worn by the rider with a cord around his or her wrist), activating a mechanism in the event the rider is disconnected; however, it differs due to its univocal coding linking the two parts, providing anti-theft functionality.
- Anti-theft function: The key prevents the engine from being started when it is disconnected, thanks to coding that links it to the bike’s ignition, discouraging theft of the bike when left unattended.
- Passive bike and rider safety: Operating in the same manner as a traditional kill-switch, the bike is shut off when the magnetic point of contact is connected to the rider’s wrist and the bike’s handlebar is disconnected.
- EVO Factory 125: $8,199
- EVO Factory 200: $8,599
- EVO Factory 250: $8,799
- EVO Factory 300: $8,999
- EVO Factory 300 4-Stroke: $9,490