Following a year that saw more consumers engaging in outdoor activities than ever before, Polaris has unveiled its 2022 models that enable and enhance outdoor work, adventure and recreation for both new and experienced riders.
“‘THINK OUTSIDE’ isn’t just a tagline. It’s the lifestyle and mentality of our customers. They’re the ones that inspire and drive the product enhancements and design breakthroughs we develop to elevate their outdoor experiences,” said Steve Menneto, President of Polaris Off-Road. “Whether it’s introducing youth riders to RZR, bringing advanced tech to ATVs, elevating the mid-size utility segment or designing a purpose-built GENERAL that takes trail adventure to a higher level, we’re constantly pushing forward with offerings that empower both new and existing riders to do the same.”
“Our customers lead a busy lifestyle and they don’t want to compromise on the two things they care about most: doing good quality work and enjoying time with the family,” said Chris Judson, Vice President of RANGER, GENERAL and ATV, Polaris. “The 2022 RANGER SP 570 was designed so they don’t have to make these tradeoffs; it’s great for work, fun to ride and the perfect fit.”
Available in two-seat and CREW models, the all-new RANGER SP 570 delivers rugged styling to complement a class-leading 44-horsepower Prostar 570 engine with 1,500lbs of towing capacity, while an upgraded cargo box delivers nearly 30 percent more space for best-in-class cargo storage. An improved turning radius and compact 56-inch width help maneuverability in tight spaces. With more than 40 new accessories including Pro Shield cab systems, class-exclusive JBL® audio, and RIDE COMMAND technology, the RANGER SP 570 can be customized for many different uses. For riders who want maximum comfort in a mid-size package, the RANGER SP 570 NorthStar Edition comes equipped with a Pro Shield cab system and heating straight from the factory.
In addition to the all-new RANGER SP 570, the full-size RANGER lineup receives several upgrades for 2022. Polaris is always listening to its riders and dealers, and the new full-size lineup includes improvements that are a direct result of their feedback. More comfort and capability are critical for utility side-by-side customers, and for 2022, RANGER adds the following:
- HVAC Upgrades – An updated air conditioning design features a variable compressor that delivers faster cooling and lower temps so riders can stay cool on the hottest days, even at idle. Available on XP 1000 NorthStar models.
- All-New Seats – Redesigned seats offer next-level comfort thanks to upgraded cushioning and more premium material, while enhanced bolstering keeps riders more securely seated when traveling over rough terrain. Available on XP 1000 and XP 1000 NorthStar models.
- 8-ply Pro Armor X-Terrain Tires – The tires offer added durability while retaining premium ride comfort and traction for any terrain. Available on XP 1000 models.
For 2022, RZR gains new accessory options. Inspired by the RZR Pro XP Rockford Fosgate LE, now available for the RZR Pro XP is a Rockford Fosgate Stage 5 Audio Upgrade Kit. This upgrade kit features a 400W-powered 12-inch subwoofer with full system 100W speakers and delivers two-times the output to take your audio experience to the next level. Additionally, launching from Pro Armor is an all-new Crawler AT tire that was built for optimal performance and two 14-inch wheel options that combine strength and performance to give your RZR a style-forward look.
“RZR Pro XP has long been the standard in performance off-roading, and we are excited to push Pro XP’s performance capabilities further,” said Reid Wilson, Vice President of RZR, Polaris. “With the new RZR Pro XP Sport, we’re providing a more powerful, turbocharged entry point to the Multi-Terrain lineup and that’s something we know customers will appreciate.”
“More people are engaging in outdoor recreation, taking to trails and wide-open property across the country,” said Judson. “Some are just getting their first taste of the fun and excitement of outdoor adventure. But for those looking to go further, in search of new destinations and experiences, the GENERAL XP 1000 Trailhead Edition is purpose-built to handle longer, more adventurous hauls with riders and all their gear.”
The Trailhead Edition is the ultimate trail-tackling adventure machine with added storage for essential gear and cargo, and the capability to explore new destinations and experience new adventures.
Polaris GENERAL continues to lead the crossover side-by-side segment, and in 2022, its lineup receives several upgrades driven directly from customer feedback. Up front, most models receive a winch upgrade with Auto-Stop, synthetic rope with a new blacked-out, forged hook, aluminum fairlead and rubber isolator. Models with RIDE COMMAND will also benefit from the addition of Plow Mode. When properly equipped, Plow Mode automatically lowers and raises a plow when the vehicle shifts from Park to Low or Reverse, making plowing easier than ever.
Additionally, models with RIDE COMMAND receive a new Rockford Fosgate Stage 3 audio setup with a four-channel amp for fade control and automatic volume leveling. To maximize the audio experience, a dedicated 400W amp driving a 10-inch subwoofer in a 25-liter enclosure is available as an all-new accessory offering. New colors and graphics are also available across the full lineup in both two- and four-seat models.
Polaris Sportsman, the No.1-selling automatic 4×4 ATV, unveiled two new limited-edition models featuring RIDE COMMAND technology.
“We are continually pushing to deliver the best possible ATV riding experience and bringing RIDE COMMAND technology to Sportsman is just the latest example,” said Judson. “Whether going out alone or in a group, the new Sportsman RIDE COMMAND editions provide riders added confidence and capability to stay connected and explore new trails and destinations.”
The limited-edition RIDE COMMAND models keep riders connected with industry-exclusive communication technology that works even outside of cell range. Riders can stow their phone and keep their hands on the bars riding with full confidence in the route ahead and everyone’s location. But that’s not all, these two models are packed with popular features designed for riders looking to hit the trail with performance and style. Standard equipment on the new 2022 Sportsman 570 and XP 1000 RIDE COMMAND Editions includes the following:
- RIDE COMMAND – An industry-exclusive 7-inch glove-touch display powered by RIDE COMMAND keeps riders connected and on course. GPS navigation and waypoints let riders save specific destinations and follow a guided route so they can find their way even outside of cell range. Group Ride allows riders to explore separately while keeping track of their pack, while Follow the Leader lets a designated group leader leave a digital track for others to follow on the way to favorite adventure spots. What’s more, RIDE COMMAND equipped vehicles can send group texts to one another without requiring cell service. Plow Mode also comes standard, making plowing easier than ever by automatically lowering and raising a plow when the vehicle shifts from Park to Low or Reverse. Also available as an accessory for 2022 Sportsman models.
- Multi-Select EPS – New for 2022 on all Sportsman models equipped with electronic power steering, riders can now select between three levels of steering assistance based on their riding conditions for added comfort and confidence when navigating property or trails.
- Powerful LED Lighting –Extend the day of riding with LED headlights and an LED pod light that feature simultaneous high-beam capability, providing better visibility in low-light conditions to illuminate the trail when the ride starts early and keeps going into the evening.
- Upgraded Duro® Tires – Larger Duro® tires (26-inch on 570 and 27-inch on XP 1000) mounted on 14-inch aluminum wheels provide more ground clearance, traction and cornering stability.
- More Clearance, Less Maintenance – Front and rear arched A-arms maximize usable ground clearance under the machine to confidently ride over obstacles along the trail, while sealed suspension bushings are designed to withstand the elements and reduce vehicle maintenance.
- More Protection and Utility – A front bumper provides added protection from the elements, and a Polaris HD 3,500-lb winch with Auto-Stop and synthetic rope comes standard to clear unexpected obstacles from the trail and keep the ride going.
- More Storage for the 570 –An Underseat Bag, standard on the 570 RIDE COMMAND Edition, as well as new accessory options including a Fender Bag, Pod Bag and Rear Rack Extender Bags, provide more places to bring along more gear.
For 2022, the RZR 200 EFI replaces the popular RZR 170 EFI and establishes a new standard for youth riding thanks to safety innovations, including RIDE CONTROL featuring speed limiting, geofencing, and Helmet Aware technology – all controlled by the RIDE COMMAND app.
“The RZR 200 EFI delivers kid-friendly performance with safety technology that parents will appreciate,” said Judson. “This is a product that can grow with young riders as they build more skill and confidence, instilling a sense of empowerment and freedom in the next generation of off-road enthusiasts.”
- Youth RIDE CONTROL – Allows parents to control speed and set boundaries right from the RIDE COMMAND app, all while helping kids grow into the sport and increase their skill level.
- Helmet Aware Technology – Ability to pre-set the vehicle’s controls when the Helmet Aware beacon is in and/or out of vehicle display range, preventing the vehicle from starting without helmets being worn.
- Speed Limiting – Enables kids to ride at the appropriate speed for their age, experience and terrain. Max speed can easily be set right from the RIDE COMMAND app.
- Geofencing – Helps keep kids in parameters by quickly setting and controlling ride boundaries and speed limits within and outside of the geofenced area.
- Functional Display – Riders can clearly see their speed behind the wheel, while allowing parents to track speed when not in sight.
- Helmets Included – RZR 200 EFI comes with two helmets and one Helmet Aware beacon.
- 180cc EFI Engine – Gives kids the power they need to manage varying terrain without falling behind and eliminates the engine choke for confident cold-starts.
- Improved Off-Road Capability – Front dual A-arms, front and rear independent suspension with seven inches of travel, 24-inch tires and ten inches of ground clearance provide more capability to manage rocks and ruts, keeping the ride smooth and the machine moving.
- Adjustable Seat and Tilt Steering – The driver’s seat slides and the steering wheel tilts to adjust to riders as they grow.
- Standard Hard Doors – Allows kids to have the time of their lives while keeping them in and everything else out.
- LED Headlights and Taillights – Improves rider visibility in low-light conditions to extend the day of riding and makes the vehicle more visible to others on the trail. Also equipped with a high-visibility flag.
- Full-Line of Accessories – Add comfort and increased protection with front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, half and full windshield, roof, rear storage bag and Pro Armor wheels and tires.
In addition to the new additions and enhancements to the 2022 vehicle lineup, Polaris has partnered with Rhino-Rack on an all-new line of premium storage solutions and accessories designed specifically for RANGER and GENERAL vehicles. Designed with the latest in carrier technology and tested to rigorous off-road standards, Rhino-Rack storage solutions maximize storage capacity for RANGER and GENERAL, with easy installation so riders are prepared for whatever the day may bring.
“The all-new Rhino-Rack solutions elevate the versatility and capability RANGER and GENERAL are known for,” said Steve Eastman, President of Parts, Garments, & Accessories, Polaris. “This collaboration highlights our drive for innovative product solutions that enhance our customers’ pursuit and enjoyment of the outdoor and adventure lifestyle.”
- RANGER Rear Bed Rack / Roof Racks – The Rear Bed Rack/3-Seat Roof Rack attaches to the roof or bed of RANGER with Rhino-Rack mounts (sold separately), to carry cargo overhead, maximize capacity in the bed of the machine and free up space in the cab. Crew Roof Rack and mount are also available.
- GENERAL Lock & Ride Rear Bed Rack – Quickly attaches to the bed of your GENERAL so you can adapt your vehicle from workday to weekend, maximizing cargo capacity in the bed and freeing up space in the cab.
- Rhino-Rack® Mounts and Accessories – Securely fasten all of the tools and gear needed on the trail for easy access. Accessories include a Spare Tire Holder, Multi-Purpose Tool Holder, Traction Board Mount, Gun Mounting Bracket, Cargo Corner Bracket, and High-Lifting Jack Mount.
Rhino-Rack storage accessories will be available at dealerships beginning July 29, 2021.