In celebration of its next 100 years, BMW Motorrad has presented ConnectedRide Smartglasses, the innovative motorcycle goggles with head-up display technology.
What was still considered science fiction a few years ago is now becoming reality with the BMW Motorrad ConnectedRide Smartglasses. The innovative motorcycle goggles provide the heads-up display technology already familiar from the automotive sector and project all relevant data, such as navigation, speed or gear, directly into the rider’s field of vision in real time, thus enabling particularly anticipatory and thus safer motorcycle riding.
The BMW Motorrad ConnectedRide Smartglasses can be easily connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth and app. The projection can be positioned, and the settings can be selected before the ride or during, via the multicontroller on the motorcycle handlebars.
In addition to the individual user interface and an increase in riding safety, the smart glasses also offer a high level of comfort. The design of the smart glasses and the display has been adapted to meet the special needs of motorcyclists. The BMW Motorrad ConnectedRide Smartglasses can be adapted to fit numerous helmets and face shapes. This makes the smart glasses comfortable to wear even on long day trips. The lithium-ion battery enables up to 10 hours of operation.
BMW Motorrad supplies two sets of certified UVA/UVB lenses with the frame. One set of lenses is 85% transparent and can be used for helmets with integrated sun visors. The other set has tinted lenses, turning the smart glasses into a pair of sunglasses.
For riders who wear prescription glasses, the lenses can be ground and adjusted to the required visual acuity (up to a max of four diopters) by an optician using an RX adapter. For those who wear contact lenses, the Smartglasses can be used normally. The set also includes a case and a USB charging cable.
- Two sizes (Medium and Large) available with different nose pads. Medium for pupil distance 2.1 to 2.6 inches, Large for 2.3 to 2.9 inches.
- Two sets of lenses (one tinted and one 85% transparent) integrated light sensor, certified UVA/UVB filter
- RX adapter for adjusting the lenses to the required visual acuity (up to a max of four diopters) by an optician
- Can be connected to a smartphone and the BMW Motorrad Connected App via Bluetooth
- Real-time GPS data transfer from app to Smartglasses
- Heads-up function for navigation with individual display
- Display of speed, speed limit, gear and navigation (reduced arrow display or detailed navigation with street names, intersections and precise directions)
- Integrated light sensor and integrated optics module for securely transferring data and securely displaying data on the top left of the right glass
- Lithium-ion battery provides up to 10 hours of operation
- USB charging cable
- Operating temperature range -14 degrees to 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- Anthracite frame
The BMW ConnectedRide Smartglasses are expected to arrive in the U.S. later in 2023 and to be available in most states. Pricing and more detailed U.S. information will be available closer to on sale date.