Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. and Yamaha Motor Corp., USA, announced plans to exhibit five models, including four new concepts, at CES 2019, the world’s largest consumer electronics show, to be held in Las Vegas, NV, Jan. 8 to 11, 2019.
The Yamaha booth will feature a total of five models, including:
• Public Personal Mobility (PPM) concept, a people service system based on low-speed autonomous driving, which has many potential applications such as in transport infrastructure and business utilization.
• The next-generation concept model of industrial-use unmanned helicopters, which will have a
higher payload to provide unprecedented air solutions.
• TRITOWN concept model, which offers completely new electric personal mobility through its two front wheel LMW (Leaning Multi-Wheeler) mechanism.
• NIKEN large sports bike launched in 2018, which also utilizes the LMW mechanism.
• A concept installation of artificial intelligence technology developed by Yamaha Corporation, with
which Yamaha Motor shares the Yamaha brand.
In addition to the booth display, Yamaha Motor will conduct demonstrations of the PPM featuring an “AI conductor” on the dedicated paths adjacent to the venue during the period of the show.
This exhibition aims to discover new partners from any field of endeavor, creating technological innovation and new businesses through open innovation.