Whyre introduced Argon Transform, the world’s first dual-camera Augmented Reality (AR) attachment designed to make any motorcycle helmet smart and interactive. Combining a see-through heads-up display with a Bluetooth handlebar controller, Argon Transform allows riders to experience unmatched functionality, safety and hands-free access to music and calls while riding. The Indiegogo Campaign, which launched with a $25,000 USD funding goal, features limited Early Bird specials of $399 USD, as well as several other rewards for backers.
Argon Transform is loaded with functionality, including an HD see-through AR heads up display (HUD), a simple user interface that provides quick access to vital information at a glance (includes caller ID, GPS navigation arrows and speedometer), a low-latency rear camera feed (provides for a near 180-degree field-of-view that eradicates blind spots from oncoming vehicles from behind), popup caller-ID to answer/reject phone calls and the ability to access, select and play music.
As part of the system, Argon Transform comes with a Bluetooth Handlebar Controller that provides riders with one-touch, hassle-free wireless control while riding (switch between visual functions on the AR display, music controls, pick up calls, capture pictures/videos etc.) Its three-way wireless control system allows Argon to simultaneously connect to a mobile phone and the handlebar controller using Bluetooth low-energy, which provides for smoother data transfer (Argon Transform also comes with WIFI capabilities for direct network connection).
Argon Transform includes all the essential riding features in an all-in-one system. Its front dash cam enables riders to capture high quality, HD action videos (also enables loop recording) effortlessly using the accompanying Bluetooth-enabled handlebar. The media is stored on an expandable micro SD card that can be accessed directly using the Argon mobile app.
Other great features include:
- Two-Way Bluetooth Intercom System: Private and seamless communication channel for rider distances of up to 100 meters apart.
- Hi-Fi Speakers and Microphone: Noise cancelling speakers and microphone are fitted into the helmet, while the back attachment manages music, calls and audio navigation cues.
- Offline Built-in GPS: Does not require data and operates even in remote areas where the cellular network is weak.
- Up to eight-hour Lithium-Polymer Battery for longer rides between charges and outdoor use.
- Dedicated Mobile App: Access specific ride statistics, captured media, Argon settings, Argon social community, digital riding logbook (record last maintenance dates, spare part changes/cost etc.)
Argon Transform features a compact, light design requiring minimal installation (after installation of the basic mounts, users only need slot Argon Transform into the mounts), which makes it highly transferable between helmets. First-time users can install Argon Transform within 15-20 minutes, including setting up the accompanying Argon app. Because of this “retrofit” design, users only need apply sticky mounts onto a helmet for Argon to attach. This means no screws or drilling required, which means Argon Transform does not destroy the integrity of the user’s helmet.