ADA website compliance and web accessibility are two terms that are used interchangeably, but they are distinct from one another. ADA stands for Americans with Disabilities Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability. Web Accessibility refers to making sure all digital offerings are accessible (website, apps, documents, presentations, etc.) or how accessible your offerings are.
Why should dealer websites be accessible?
There are two reasons why your website should be accessible:
- All people and end users should have equal access to digital content regardless of their physical or mental abilities.
- ADA prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability.
Having accessible sites benefit everyone
There are four benefits that having an accessible site can offer:
- Improves your dealership’s SEO.
- Demonstrates good ethics and morals, which improves your public image.
- Reaches more users, including on mobile phones and for customers with low network speeds.
- It is the law.
Why does having web accessibility make sense?
It’s a combination of common sense, empathy and understanding. These are all traits that most humans share. By providing access to everyone, it benefits you as a company.
PSXDigital is committed to ensuring that our communications, including our websites, are accessible to individuals with disabilities and do not have any barriers or limitations to the end user.
According to WebAccessibility.com, PSXDigital’s websites rank first among the competition for accessibility.
For more information about how your dealership can be more accessible to your customers, visit PSXDigital for more details.