Electric adventure motorbike company UBCO has launched its first-ever, limited run 2X2 Special Edition bike. A twist on its classic all-wheel-drive (AWD) 2X2 Adventure bike, the Special Edition (SE) has been designed to intertwine both outdoor and urban worlds, catering to the everyday adventurer.
Now available in a limited-edition green and electric orange color palette, the SE bike is accessorized ready-to-go and carefully crafted to provide a comfortable yet tough and durable AWD riding experience, whether running essential errands or tackling the great outdoors. The SE design presents a more contemporary version of its classic utilitarian style bikes not yet seen in the UBCO range. In addition to its unique 2X2 capabilities and the fresh design, key features include:
- A revitalized braking system: A newly designed braking system with motorcycle-grade braking pads and more substantial brake levers
- A built-in central tote: A central tote that allows convenient, throw-and-go access to everyday items
- Compact rear duffle: A robust rear duffle designed to carry small to extra-large items on the go.
- Expandable compartments: Duffle side pockets lay flat, perfect for laptop books or pizzas.
- Peak Design phone mount: Vibration protected and featuring magnetic locking technology to enable one-handed phone attachment and removal
- Giant Loop straps: Multi-purpose, tough, pronghorn stretch straps that provide full flexibility to attach and carry items.
“We’re all about making adventure more accessible, opening up powersports to more people than ever before. Here we combine proven off-road toughness with added style and functionality to bridge the gap between the great outdoors and everyday life” said Colin Godby, chief product officer. “The idea is to introduce more urbanites to exploring off the beaten track while providing a bike that seamlessly crosses both worlds, whether everyday errands, hitting the gym, commuting, surfing or outdoor adventures. We’re excited to see how our Special Edition can help this movement.”
UBCO’s AWD bikes and batteries are New Zealand-designed and created to have the lightest touch on the environment. As well as being built to last and to be refurbished and recycled where needed, UBCO is developing alternative chemistries for its batteries, standing up for a responsible electric vehicle (EV) future.
UBCO provides test rides for anyone looking for a hands-on experience, connecting customers with their nearest dealer, office or upcoming event. From Feb. 23, customers can purchase the UBCO Special Edition for $6,999 including tax via UBCO’s website or any UBCO dealer with a range of finance options available.