From its two billboards out on I-90 to the heart of downtown Sturgis, bikers will see Mustang Seats well represented as they make their way into town for the 75th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Once there, Mustang has much more in store. Celebrating 35 years, Mustang is very involved at this year’s rally with everything from access to “The Naked Truth” — famed photographer Michael Lichter’s annual Motorcycles As Art Exhibit — to concert tickets at the Legendary Buffalo.
Mustang will be giving away the gift of comfort for Fxck Cancer Bike Build, donation of a couple of seats for the infamous Hamsters silent auction to benefit Children’s Care Hospital & School Foundation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota and more.
The seat company is also a returning sponsor of the Garage Girls Ultimate Biker Makeover. But Mustang is also staying close to its roots by supporting New England neighbors Dave and Jody Perewitz’s Custom Paint Show, a new addition to the schedule for this year. Mustang is also backing local Massachusetts daredevil Doug Danger as he attempts a 22-car jump as part of the Evel Knievel Thrill Show out at the Buffalo Chip. Making the jump a bit more historic is the fact that Doug is using Evel’s own 1972 XR-750! See more details on his record setting attempt here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrK-1Fr8rxs
Mustang Seats Sturgis Schedule:
July 25-August 8: Rally Rig at Black Hills Harley-Davidson 2820 Harley Drive, Rapid City (Exit 55)
- July 25-29: Mustang Factory reps at J&P Cycles Store1650 Lazelle Street, Sturgis
- July 31: Mustang’s 5-For-35#4 Seat Giveaway winner announced at the Rally Rig, Black Hills Harley-Davidson
- Aug. 1: Roland Sands Design “Built For The Ride Bike Show” at Sturgis City Park. RSD Motoshed announcement at noon. Show goes from 1-4 p.m.
- Aug. 2: Mustang awarding two pairs of tickets to see Brantley Gilbert, 38 Special and The Guess Who at the Legendary Buffalo Chip. Any seat purchased at the rally rig at Black Hills HD from Thursday (7/30) through Saturday (8/1) is automatically eligible to win. Winner will be notified on Sunday morning, August 2.
- Aug. 2: Mustang sponsors “The Naked Truth” Motorcycles As Art program curated by famed photographer Michael Lichter.
- Aug. 2: FXR Show 12-3pm Sturgis City Park, Fxck Cancer FXR Bike Build and raffle. Mustang donated seat to the build.
- Aug. 3: Hamster Ball Silent auction to benefit Children’s Care Hospital & School Foundation in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Mustang donated a seat.
- Aug 3: Garage Girls “Ultimate Biker Makeover” Winner will be announced at the Buffalo Chip.
- Aug. 5th: Perewitz Custom Paint Show11am – 4pm at Easy Rider Saloon
- Aug. 6th: Doug Danger’s 22 Car Jump– Look for the Mustang logos on the landing ramp