ar for the powersports industry.
Looking back at the year, here are MPN’s top 10 most-viewed news stories.
10. Polaris Introduces Two Off-Road Models
Polaris introduced the Scrambler XP 1000 EPS and the RangerXP 900 Deluxe to the market this month. David Longren, VP of Polaris’ Off-Road Division, noted that Polaris has introduced nine new vehicles to its off-road lineup since August.
9. Harley-Davidson Reveals All-New Platform To Inspire The Next Generation of Global Riders; Bikes Coming in 2014
Harley-Davidson revealed two new Dark Custom motorcycles at EICMA. The Street 750 and Street 500 are designed to appeal to young adults in the U.S.
8. Suzuki Adds Three All-Black Cruisers to Boulevard Lineup
Suzuki added three all-black Boulevard cruisers to its lineup. These cruisers arrived in dealership late July.
7. US Highland: Back On Track
6. Valkyrie Returns to American Honda’s Lineup
American Honda’s powersports press manager Bill Savino proudly announced that it’s back. He is of course speaking about Honda’s Valkyrie cruiser, which will be available in 2014.
5. AIMExpo Reports Successful Attendance Numbers for Inaugural Show
The AIMExpo played host to 2,417 dealer/industry professionals, 392 exhibitors and 7,781 consumers.
4. One-Wheeled Microcycle from RYNO Available for Pre-Order
A one-wheeled microcycle? Yes, this was one of our most gawked at stories. But, RYNO is gaining some serious attention. The RYNO microcycle is now available for pre-order.
3. Blackwell to Resign From LeMans Corporation
Greg Blackwell, VP of sales for LeMans Corporation, resigned on Jan. 25. Blackwell is currently the president of Seattle Bike Supply.
2. Orange County Choppers’ Merchandising Division Files for Bankruptcy
Orange County Choppers’ merchandising division, known as Hudson Valley Merchandising, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
1. Yamaha Unveils New Viking EPS Side-by-Side
Yamaha unveiled the Viking EPS SxS at the company’s dealer meeting in Las Vegas. The Viking is manufactured exclusively in the U.S. at Yamaha’s factory in Newnan, Ga.
Let MPN know which news stories from this year piqued your interest and what trends you will watch for in 2014 in the comments below.