Do You Want to GET PAID to Be an Instructor for Motorcycle Ohio?
The demand is higher than ever for passionate and dedicated instructors to train the next generation of riders. While the state has come a long way in reducing motorcycle-related fatalities, Ohio still has a long way to go.
WHY Become a Motorcycle Instructor?
You can make a positive impact in the riding community. Motorcycle Ohio’s well-trained and knowledgeable instructor base makes a difference in training individuals to “Ride S.M.A.R.T.”
The two-wheel instructor training is broken down into in-person and virtual sessions:
- 100% attendance is required.
- The course is 90-plus hours, including pre-course assignments.
- You must pass the final exams and meet specific training requirements before becoming certified.
You Are Invited to an Information Session to Learn More
- The Youngstown area at the Lecture Hall located in the Trumbull Career and Technical Center (TCTC) on Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. TCTC is located at 528 Educational Hwy NW, Warren, OH 44483.
- The Sandusky area at the Neeley Center located in the Terra State Community College (TSCC) on Monday, Aug. 29, 2022 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. TSCC is located at 2830 Napoleon Rd., Fremont, OH 43420.
Additional information sessions will be announced for events in Chillicothe and Hamilton.
Registration for the information sessions is at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/motorcycle-ohio-16453450539
For those interested in becoming an instructor, the basic qualifications are:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Have an motorcycle (two-wheel) license or endorsement for at least three years.
- Have your 10-year driving record reviewed by Motorcycle Ohio.
- Upon request, submit a 10-year criminal background check to Motorcycle Ohio.
- Be able to maintain an approved CPR/first aid certification.
- Upon request, be able to provide a physical by your attending physician.
The course fee is $100 upon acceptance into a 2023 instructor training class.
For riders or spouses in the military stationed in Ohio and on orders who are certified to instruct a curriculum in another state, you may contact Motorcycle Ohio directly at [email protected]hio.gov.
To learn more about what it takes, visit this link.
To complete Motorcycle Ohio’s online questionnaire, visit this link.