Looking to reach the next step in your career? Are your an entrepreneur or someone with a big idea? Thinking about building a new business or expanding your current business? You are not alone. The MIC Gas Tank program can help. Gas Tank participation can be an incredible, life-changing experience. It can help guide your current and future career, and give you reason, focus and enthusiasm to drive your ambitions forward.
The time is now – take your goals to the next level!
The Motorcycle Industry Council invites powersports entrepreneurs to apply for a chance to have one-on-one mentoring from an industry veteran, plus a trip to Columbus that includes booth space at the 2020 American International Motorcycle Expo presented by Nationwide and the opportunity to present your business plan to powersports leaders and media. AIMExpo brings industry, press, dealers and consumers together in a single arena. It is the single most important event of its type in the North American market.
Sounds amazing? It is. The MIC Gas Tank Competition will award all this to as many as five talented finalists. It’s open to ambitious individuals and groups, women and men and anyone with a great new powersports product or service idea.
The MIC launched this program to help accelerate new businesses in the powersports industry. The mentoring portion of this program is perhaps the most valuable aspect. Once your in, you are paired with an industry mentor who helps you build a business plan and craft an eight-minute pitch. Mentors also actively support your professional development and networking opportunities.
- Feb. 28, 2020- Deadline for application and “elevator pitch” video
- March 20, 2020 – Accepted entrants will be matched with Mentor on or before 3/20/20
- June 22, 2020 – Entrants must submit business plan to Gas Tank by 6/22/20
- July 25, 2020 – Up to five finalists will be chosen by 7/25/20 to attend AIMExpo at the Greater Columbus Convention Center in Columbus, Ohio, Oct.1-4. The finalist prize package includes travel and lodging expenses for one person, booth space at the show and access to powersports media.
- Oct. 1-4, 2020 – Finalists must be able to appear in person at AIMExpo to present their business plan to an industry panel. Pitches will be evaluated on monetary growth potential, overall strategic plan, strategic partners, scalability, innovation, impact and viability and other criteria. A first place, second place and runner up will be announced at AIMExpo.
For more information and to apply, go to mic.org.