Bel-Ray sponsored racer, Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing team earned his ninth overall victory of the season with a 1-1 finish in the 450MX class at the AMA Pro Motocross Ironman National in Crawfordsville, Ind. on Saturday, August 27.
After clinching the 2016 championship during the previous round at Budds Creek National, Roczen was aiming for another victory. Once starting off the first moto with the holeshot, he continued pulling away throughout the race to a 10-second victory over his nearest competitor. After pulling into the lead on the first lap of moto two, Roczen stayed in that position throughout the race to finish the 2016 AMA Pro Motocross season with another victory.
“The first moto was a little rough in some spots with the mud, but I knew the second moto would be a lot better,” explained Roczen. “I grabbed two awesome starts. I got the holeshot in the first one and I was top three out of the gate in the second. I just put in a good charge in the second one and went for another win. I said last weekend we wanted another 1-1 to finish off the season. We didn’t come just to slack around. I couldn’t be any happier. It’s going to be good to take some time off and enjoy how good of a season we had. We’ll let everything settle and enjoy it a little bit.”
Bel-Ray’s family of sponsored riders achieved the following results during the final round of the 2016 AMA Pro Motocross Championship:
- Ken Roczen – (1-1) 1stoverall in the 450MX Class at Ironman National
- Jason Anderson- (5-5) 5thoverall in the 450MX Class at Ironman National
- Zach Osborne – (11-15) 13thoverall in the 250MX Class at Ironman National
- Martin Davalos – (22-8) 15thoverall in the 250MX Class at Ironman National
- Ryan Sipes – (19-13) 14thoverall in the 450MX Class at Ironman National
- Ronnie Stewart – (22-20) 24thoverall in the 450MX Class at Ironman National
For more information www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.