Bel-Ray sponsored racers, Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing and Martin Davalos of Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing took first place in 450SX and 250SX during the latest round of the AMA Supercross season in Foxborough, Mass., on April 23.
Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing secured his fourth 450SX win of the season at Gillette Stadium. Roczen came into the main event with a strong performance, starting off in third place. During the first lap Roczen moved ahead to take the lead and maintained his position for the remainder of the event. He remains second in overall 450SX rider point standings.
“I feel like I’m one with the bike and that’s been the difference,” said Roczen. “We’re made great strides with the bike and everyone is working really well together. That’s what makes it fun. We’re still in this championship fight. Anything can happen. I’m really glad we came away with the win because I was tired of finishing second.”
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider and Bel-Ray sponsored racer, Martin Davalos, secured his second 250SX first place finish of the season, marking the fourth win of his career. Davalos began the main event in the top ten. By the second lap, he maneuvered his way into fourth place and began the quest for third. By the eighth lap, Davalos fought his way into second place before moving on to the lead. Once he took the lead, Davalos created more and more distance between himself and the other riders, for a commanding victory. Davalos remains in fourth place in overall 250SX rider point standings.
“I stayed within my limits,” said Davalos. “I felt good throughout the moto and I’m pretty pumped with this win. I had a pretty good drive in the whoops, and knew I had to be consistent in the corner and not try to rush it. It was a great race overall. I’m super pumped on the improvements and I’m excited to go to New Jersey next week”
- Ken Roczen – 1stplace, 450SX Class at Monster Energy AMA Supercross Foxborough – (2nd in points overall)
- Broc Tickle – 14thplace, 450SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross Foxborough – (21st in points overall)
- Jake Weimer – 22ndplace, 450SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross Foxborough – (11th in points overall)
- Martin Davalos – 1stplace, 250SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross Foxborough – (4th in points overall)
- Jason Anderson – 4thplace, 450SX Class at Monster Energy Supercross Foxborough – (3rd in points overall)
The next round of the Monster Energy AMA Supercross series will head to East Rutherford, N.J., on April 30.