The HighPipe Motorcycle Festival is revving up for its third consecutive installment, Aug. 16-18, in a captivating new location — The Mountain High Resort in Wrightwood, CA.
An oasis for real-deal motorcycle enthusiasts, the HighPipe Motorcycle Festival is a diverse cornucopia for two-wheeled fanatics, showcasing all makes and models of bikes. If it has two wheels and an engine, it is welcome.
Housed in the picturesque Mountain High Resort, the HighPipe Motorcycle Festival will take attendees on a trip through the breathtaking San Gabriel Mountains in Los Angeles County, offering a closer proximity than in year’s past for attendees traveling in from Los Angeles and Orange County. The new location provides a spectacular base camp seated at 6,600-ft. and offers riders a peak experience of 8,200-ft.
At its very heart, the HighPipe Motorcycle Festival presents out-of-this-world riding opportunities and the chance to explore dazzling back roads en route to discovering extraordinary new destinations. Riders can sharpen their skills at base camp and accept the challenge of the craftily-created skills course to test out their riding prowess. Attendees will also benefit from vendor row, which will be set up at base camp to shop for the latest and greatest gear.
“We can’t wait for this amazing weekend of high-altitude motorcycling to get underway,” said Tim Collins, Moto Vertical leader, Bonnier Events. “The last two years have demonstrated just how much people enjoy the freedom and flexibility that bikes of all types provide. We continue to offer more options for participants, which provides a truly amazing enthusiast experience.”
One of the highlights of the HighPipe Motorcycle Festival is the Scramble Ramble Scavenger Hunt, which takes participants to some of the most stunning locales, a mile-high, up in the San Gabriel Mountains to discover amazing points of interest.
All HighPipe participants are invited to take part in the Scramble Ramble Scavenger Hunt. An app can be downloaded online or a good old-fashioned map can be used for navigation. When participants find locations, they will share via Instagram and mark their scorecards. Each point found, enters participants into Saturday evening’s drawing for unbelievable prizes.
Additional Event Features Include:
- The adventure starts with getting there. North, South, East or West — epic rides are in store as participants traverse to the HighPipe Base Camp at Mountain High Resort.
- The Scramblekhana Skills Course is a series of low-speed challenges that will allow participants to see what their bikes are capable of in off-road conditions.
- From perfect preservations to full-on customs of motorcycles new and old, everyone is welcome to join the show. Additionally Cycle World, Motorcyclistand Motorcycle Cruiser will be inviting some of today’s top builders to share their work and join in a ride or two.
- A wide array of manufacturers and suppliers with the latest gear and products in the industry will be on-hand.
- Several savory food options will be available throughout the day and evening.
- When the riding is done, a generous selection of microbrews and other libations will await participants.
- Even more epic and fun activities we will be announced soon.
The HighPipe Motorcycle Festival is presented by GEICO Motorcycle.