Harley-Davidson has released the official calendar of 110th Anniversary Celebration events for the coming year. The events will connect millions of Harley-Davidson fans across the globe, united by a common bond and shared passion for the brand.
Included in the official calendar are 11 anniversary experiences that Harley-Davidson will bring to existing motorcycle events in global regional markets through September 2013. The events span 11 countries on six continents including North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. The festivities recently commenced with a 110th Anniversary Celebration kickoff party at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, the company’s birthplace.
“The 110th Anniversary will be the biggest in our history, celebrated by fans at events on almost every continent on the planet over the course of an entire year,” said Mark-Hans Richer, Harley-Davidson chief marketing officer. “This is more than an Anniversary event – it’s an epic celebration of the freedom that unites us all, and we invite everyone around the world to join in.”
Capping the regional experiences will be two main anniversary celebration events in Rome, Italy and Milwaukee. The Rome event in June 2013 will include a party in the Touristic Port of Ostia, two headlining concerts at the Stadio Olimpico, and a special bike blessing inside St. Peter’s Square, Vatican City by Pope Benedict XVI. The event in Milwaukee over Labor Day weekend in 2013 will be an expanded celebration including rides to Milwaukee organized by fans, a celebration at the world-renowned Henry Maier Festival Park (Summerfest grounds), a massive parade through downtown Milwaukee, activities at the Harley-Davidson Museum and three headlining concerts.
The official 2013 calendar of events is as follows:
- Goa, India (Feb. 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at the 1st National H.O.G. Rally
- Auckland, New Zealand (Feb. 14-17, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at the National H.O.G. Rally
- Daytona Beach, Fla. (March 9-16, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Daytona Bike Week
- Melbourne, Australia (April 13-14, 2013) 110th Anniversary Experience
- Margate, South Africa (April 26-28, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Africa Bike Week
- Qiandao Lake, Zhe Jiang Province, China (April 30-May 2, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience
- Mexico City, Mexico (Spring/Summer 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience
- Sao Paulo, Brazil (Spring/Summer 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience
- Rome (June 13-16, 2013): 110th Anniversary Celebration
- Sturgis, S.D.(Aug. 3-10, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally
- Milwaukee (Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 2013): 110th Anniversary Celebration and H.O.G. 30th Anniversary Party
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Sept. 14-19, 2013): 110th Anniversary Experience at Asia Harley Days