Harley-Davidson recently unleashed its bold take on adventure touring with the all-new Pan America 1250 and Pan America 1250 Special motorcycles. The spirt of adventure touring is one of endless possibilities and unrestrained freedom. From its inception more than a century ago, when many roads were little more than dirt trails, Harley-Davidson has stood for adventure. Riders will soon be able to experience that freedom first-hand as Harley-Davidson is proud to announce the Harley-Davidson Pan America Motorcycle Demo Tour. The tour kicks off in April, and signups for H-D-hosted demos are now available here: PAN AMERICA DEMO REGISTRATION. Demo opportunities at other major adventure touring, overland events and rallies, signups will happen on location.
“I’ve had the opportunity to ride a Pan America motorcycle both on and off-road, and can’t wait for riders to experience the innovations and capabilities that our team has built into this fantastic adventure touring bike,” said Jochen Zeitz, chairman, president and CEO of Harley-Davidson. “Now riders can experience for themselves the first motorcycle of its kind to be designed and developed from the ground up in America.”
The Pan America motorcycle introduces a revolution in technology, performance and accessibility with innovative Adaptive Ride Height and the all-new Revolution Max 1250 engine. Adaptive Ride Height is an industry-first motorcycle suspension system available on the Pan America 1250 Special that automatically transitions between a riding position when stopped, to an optimal ride height when the motorcycle is in motion. The lowered suspension at rest makes the motorcycle easier to mount and dismount, without sacrificing lean angles or ground clearance.
The Revolution Max 1250 engine is an all-new, clean sheet design, developed by the Harley-Davidson design and engineering teams. It is a 150hp, liquid-cooled 1,250cc-displacement V-Twin, the latest in the legendary powertrain lineage of the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. To minimize overall motorcycle weight (Pan America 1250 534lb. wet/Pan America 1250 Special 559lb. wet), the Revolution Max engine is integrated into the vehicle as the central member of the chassis. The Revolution Max 1250 is designed to offer smooth, low-end torque delivery and low speed throttle control that is optimized for off-road riding.
The Harley-Davidson Pan America Motorcycle Demo Tour will include stops at adventure touring and overland events and rallies as well as H-D-hosted demo experiences at locations that allow for riders to experience the capabilities of the Pan America™ on and off-road. The Demo Tour starts off in Texas on April 16, 2021.
CURRENTLY SCHEDULED* HARLEY-DAVIDSON PAN AMERICA MOTORCYCLE DEMO TOUR EVENTS
- 4/16-4/18, H-D-Hosted Demo, Dallas, TX
- 4/23-4/25, H-D-Hosted Demo, Albuquerque, NM
- 4/30 – 5/2, H-D-Hosted Demo, Phoenix, AZ
- 5/7 – 5/9, H-D-Hosted Demo, Las Vegas, NV
- 5/14 – 5/16, H-D-Hosted Demo, San Jose, CA
- 5/21 – 5/23, H-D-Hosted Demo, Lake Elsinore, CA
- 5/28 – 5/30, H-D-Hosted Demo, Sacramento, CA
- 6/4 – 6/6, Giant Loop Ride, Lawen, OR EVENT LINK
- 6/12 – 6/20, Laconia Motorcycle Week, NH
- 6/25 – 6/27, Outside Adventure Expo, Salt Lake City, UT EVENT LINK
- 7/9 – 7/11, H-D-Hosted Demo, Twin Falls, ID
- 7/15 – 7/18, Get On! ADV Fest, South Dakota, EVENT LINK
- 7/30 – 8/1, H-D-Hosted Demo, St. Louis, MO
- 8/6 – 8/8, H-D-Hosted Demo, Harrisburg, PA
- 8/13 – 8/15, H-D-Hosted Demo, Pittsfield, MA
- 8/18 – 8/22, Touratech DirtDaze, North Haverhell, NH EVENT LINK
- 8/27 – 8/29, Overland Expo Mountain West, Loveland, CO EVENT LINK
- 9/3 – 9/5, XLADV: High Sierras, Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 9/10 – 9/12, H-D-Hosted Demo, Salt Lake City, UT
- 9/16 – 9/19, Touratech Rally, Plain, WA EVENT LINK
- 9/24 – 9/26, Overland Expo West, Flagstaff, AZ EVENT LINK
- 10/ 8 – 10/10, Overland Expo East, Arrington, VA EVENT LINK
- 10/22 – 10/24, H-D-Hosted Demo, Stamford, CT
- 10/29 – 10/31, H-D-Hosted Demo, Loudon, NH
- 11/6 – 11/7, Howling At The Moon, Prescott, AZ
*Locations subject to change or cancelation, check the PAN AMERICA DEMO REGISTRATION link for the most up to date information.