Garmin has announced the zūmo XT2, the newest and most advanced addition to its popular series of rugged, purpose-built motorcycle navigators. The zūmo XT2 stands out from the pack, offering a sizable 6-inch, ultra-bright display, giving riders a noticeably bigger and brighter screen than the previous model.
Designed to withstand extreme weather and rough terrain, it’s built to an IPX7 water-resistance rating and is equipped to operate with handlebar vibration, unlike most cell phones. For riders who enjoy traveling with friends, the Group Ride Mobile feature allows them to track everyone’s location via the Tread app or use the Group Ride Radio accessory (sold separately) to track and talk with friends when no cellular coverage is available.
“We’re confident that the larger and brighter zūmo XT2 will quickly become a favorite companion for motorcycle adventures,” said Dan Bartel, Garmin vice president of global consumer sales. “It gives riders who enjoy the thrill of gripping their handlebars, feeling the road beneath their tires and finding scenery off the beaten path, the freedom to explore with peace of mind.”
See the zūmo XT2 in action below.
The zūmo Experience
The zūmo XT2 GPS navigator provides innovative, moto-specific features to bring an enhanced level of fun and enjoyment to both on- and off-road expeditions:
- See popular moto paths preferred by other riders and view the adventure with high-resolution, subscription-free Birdseye Direct satellite imagery to discover new routes to ride.
- Find all the important ride details to help improve the journey, including speed, acceleration, deceleration, elevation and more with the ride summaries feature via the Tread smartphone app.
- Keep track of friends on the ride with the Group Ride Mobile feature, which allows riders to track each other on either the Tread app or the Group Ride Radio accessory (sold separately).
- Locate the most thrilling routes through Garmin Adventurous Routing to find hills, curves and the best sights. Customize the journey based on skill level with four different difficulty options.
- Manage tracks and routes across a smartphone or zūmo XT2 navigator, plus access real-time traffic, weather and smart notifications when paired with the Tread app.
- Hear navigation prompts from a zūmo XT2, or stream music and make hands-free calls with a Bluetooth connection from a compatible headset/helmet (not included) while paired to a compatible smartphone.
- Increase awareness with helpful rider alerts along the route, such as sharp curves and speed changes as well as notifications for state helmet laws and red light/speed cameras.
Working Together on the Road
Riders can benefit from using the new zūmo XT2 with a variety of compatible Garmin products (sold separately), designed to enhance the motorcycle adventure:
- Pair with a compatible inReach satellite communicator to unlock two-way messaging, location sharing and SOS capabilities, in case of emergencies.
- Enable on-screen control of the motorcycle’s 12-volt electronics with a Garmin PowerSwitch digital switch box.
Available now, the zūmo XT2 has a suggested retail price of $599.99. To learn more, visit garmin.com/zumo.