The annual Ducati Global Dealer Conference was held in the week of Nov. 2-6, and for the first time in its history took place in a completely digital way.
The Global Dealer Conference is one of the most significant moments of the year for the Borgo Panigale motorcycle manufacturer. On this occasion, in fact, Ducati had the opportunity to interact with its global network of dealers, take stock of the year just ended and plan all activities for the next one with the preview presentation of the new models in the range. Also during the conference, among international accolades bestowed upon dealerships, the North American sales award was given to the Ducati Newport Beach dealership in California.
“Newport Beach continues to be one of our strongest dealerships, residing in the center of motorcycling culture in Southern California,” said Jason Chinnock, chief executive officer of Ducati North America. “The dealership consistently invests in the motorcycling community and their sales numbers show it’s working. This year has seen challenges for our dealers when interacting with customers, and many of our dealerships made extra effort to be successful, which is obvious in the instance of the results from Newport Beach.”
“We’re proud to be part of the Ducati family,” said Mike Guerin, dealer principal of Ducati Newport Beach. “Ducati continues to bring out great products and this year is no exception. Coupled with Ducati North America’s invaluable support, we were able to rally our team here in Newport Beach and provide the best service possible for our customers in 2020 which we will continue with dedication through to next year.”
For 2020, the complicated global health situation did not make it possible to physically carry out the annual meeting, which in past years had always taken place in Italy with personal attendance. Ducati therefore chose to revitalize the event, organizing the first virtual edition in history and obtaining record participation numbers. In total, more than 5,000 participants in the 2020 Global Dealer Conference were connected from 87 different countries.
The goal of this online convention was to make all participants feel an integral part of the Ducati family. To do this, in addition to having extended the invitation to all employees of the Borgo Panigale headquarters, the Ducati Motor Thailand plant and all the subsidiaries of Ducati in the world, a series of moments within the platform were set up to reduce distances and facilitate discussion. These initiatives included an always active chat with Ducati VP Global Sales & After Sales Francesco Milicia, the Museum Online Journey (the virtual tour of the Ducati Museum available in 8 languages) and a virtual coffee lounge that allowed the various users to carry out networking.
The highlight of the 2020 edition of the Global Dealer Conference was the live streaming with the preview presentation of the Ducati models for 2021. Thanks to simultaneous translation in eight languages, dealers from all over the world were able to discover the characteristics of the new bikes. In addition, a “closed room” exclusively dedicated to the Multistrada V4 was reserved, within which the participants were able to directly ask their questions to the project managers.
As usual, the convention ended with the Ducati Dealer Awards ceremony, in which the best 2020 dealers for each geographical area were rewarded. An innovation for this year’s ceremony was the introduction of a new award: the “Best Adapter Ducati Cares & Online Sales,” dedicated to the dealer who has most distinguished themselves on digital issues and Ducati Cares program.
Despite the difficult situation, Ducati tried to communicate confidence to all its dealers, obtaining positive feedback on the organizational level of the virtual event and conveying the values of Style, Sophistication, Performance and Trust that characterize it in the best possible way.
The full list of winners from the Ducati Global Dealer Conference can be found below:
United States of America
- Top Growth – Northeast Region – Valley Motorsports – Northampton, MA
- Top Sales Volume – Northeast Region – Hudson Valley Motorcycles – Ossining, NY
- Top Growth – Southeast Region – Touring Sport – Greenville, SC
- Top Sales Volume – Southeast Region – Ducati Miami – Miami, FL
- Top Growth – Southwest Region – Herwaldt Motorsports – Fresno, CA
- Top Sales Volume – Southwest Region – Ducati Newport Beach – Cosa Mesa, CA
- Top Growth – South Central Region – Ducati St. Louis – St. Louis, MO
- Top Sales Volume – South Central Region – Advanced Motorsports Ducati Dallas – Dallas, TX
- Top Growth – Northwest Region – South Sound Motorcycles – Fife, WA
- Top Sales Volume – Northwest Region – MotoCorsa – Portland, OR
- Top Growth – Midwest Region – Pony Powersports – Westerville, OH
- Top Sales Volume – Midwest Region – Ducati Detroit – Birmingham, MI
- Top Growth – Mid Atlantic Region – Coleman Powersports Falls Church – Falls Church, VA
- Top Sales Volume – Mid Atlantic Region – Coleman Powersports Falls Church – Falls Church, VA
- Top Sales Volume – United States of America – Ducati Newport Beach – Costa Mesa, CA
- Top Growth – Ducati Richmond – Richmond, BC
- Top Sales Volume – Motos Illimitées Ducati Montréal – Montréal, QC
- Top Growth – Ducati Mérida – Mérida, Yuc
- Top Sales Volume – DLG Moto Art – México City, DF