Dainese Group (www.dainese.com) has announced the newest member of the Smart Jacket family with the Smart Jacket LS Sport motorcycle jacket, featuring the D-air technology.
Built for the everyday rider, the Smart Jacket LS Sport is a versatile, standalone sport riding jacket that incorporates the D-air airbag system. D-air is the pinnacle of safety in motorcycle protective garments and the same patented technology used by MotoGPTM champions. The D-air airbag integrates proprietary internal microfilaments that, when the system activates, control air to create a hard-like shield, activating in a fraction of the time, less than it takes to blink an eye. D-air is the only airbag compliant to certification both on the chest and on the back, providing the equivalent protection to eight chest protectors and seven back protectors, without the restrictions of traditional hard shells.
The Smart Jacket LS Sport combines the versatility and performance of a Dainese sports jacket with the intelligence and superior protection of the Dainese D-air airbag system. Heavy-duty mesh material for ventilation to achieve maximum airflow while Mugello fabric offers durability, added breathability and stretches for a superb fit. Mugello is a high abrasion-resistant stretch textile made from micro nylon and elastomer with a nanotechnology finish.
For added protection, the garment is equipped with Pro-Armor Level 2 Type B protectors on the elbows and shoulders, giving the highest level of protection and coverage where riders need it the most, all in a lightweight versatile jacket.
- Mugello fabric
- Weight: 1.8 kilograms (4 pounds)
- Two exterior pockets and reflective inserts
- Adjustable waistband and wrist zip closure
- Pro-Armor Level 2 Type B protectors on elbow and shoulders
D-air® airbag system
- The algorithm detects low-sides, high-sides, object/vehicle and rear-end collisions
- Collisions are detected even when stopped, e.g. rear-end collision at a stop light
- 26-hour battery life
- Chest protection meets or exceeds CE Level 2 for airbags; transmitted force is less than 2.5 kilonewtons
- Standard armor CE level 2 transmits less than 9 kilonewtons, so the airbag disperses over three times more energy than its rigid counterpart. (EN 1621-4 Lev. 2)
- Back protection meets or exceeds CE Level 1 for airbags; transmitted force is less than 4.5 kilonewtons
- Standard armor CE level 1 transmits less than 18 kilonewtons, so the airbag disperses over four times more energy than its rigid counterpart. (EN 1621-4 CB Lev. 1).
For every product, Dainese recommends reading the user manual before use. To learn more about Smart Jacket LS Sport, its technical features, protective performance and how to use it, please refer to the User Manual.