Comet introduced the new EX780 and EX1190 torque converters for OEMs. The EX series helps OEMs to customize these units for their particular needs and allows for expedited prototype service to get them the right CVT for their application testing.
The EX780 and the EX1190 can be used on golf carts, personnel carriers, concrete trowels, buggies and go-karts, airplane tugs, UTVs and ATVs or customized for an OEM’s particular use.
All products are manufactured in the USA and service parts are available for the EX series.
The highly tunable EX780 torque converter drive clutch can be used with your selection of several different driven diameters and spring configurations to obtain the ideal driver to driven ratios for each specific application. Torque sensitive drives are particularly suited to those applications where immediate response to torque demand is required for down shifting and where engine speed is ideally maintained at its peak rpm.
- Engine Rating: 4 cycle – 20 hp, 2 cycle- 30 hp
- Bore size: 1” Drive
- Engagement: 750 rpm – 3750 rpm max
- The EX780 multiple weight and spring calibration options allow for peak engine and overall unit performance.
The super duty EX 1190 drive and driven units are manufactured from heavy gauge stamped steel with optional hard anodized aluminum pulley faces to withstand extreme conditions and abrasive environments.
- Engine rating: 24+ HP
- Bore size: 1-1/8” and 1-7/16” bores
- Pulley ratios: 3.41:1 low and 0.68:1 high
- The EX1190 multiple weight and spring calibration options allow for peak engine and overall unit performance.
Contact Comet to learn how these clutches can be adapted for use in your particular product or project at: [email protected].