Since its launch, the Can-Am’s Women of On-Road (WOOR) program has been giving back to its amazing community of female riders, supporting female-focused riding initiatives across the globe, with a focus on North America. This past year, WOOR supported 12 distinct causes, including organized rides and rallies for women, a women’s motorcycle festival, female-focused charities and other initiatives that support women who love to ride. The impact and results are phenomenal, and the recognition is undeniable, with nearly 20 awards that celebrate the success of the program in 2021.
Through inclusivity and education, WOOR is about believing the road has the possibility to empower and awaken freedom within all of us. That sense of freedom belongs to everyone, regardless of race, age, gender or background. The team at Can-Am finds it unacceptable that only 20% of riders in the motorcycle industry are women, and it has been working on changing that. The good news? It’s working! More and more women have been hitting the open road, and Can-Am is leading the charge with retail volume among women doubling in less than two years. In fact, more than 38% of current Can-Am Ryker owners are female.
Can-Am Women of On-Road Recognition
Throughout the year, WOOR has received nearly 20 awards from local and global organizations. Among them is recognition from the ANA Multicultural Excellence Awards, which celebrates the year’s best multicultural advertising campaigns. Moreover, this award raises awareness and exposure of the outstanding work being done in the area of Demonstrated Growth. Another prestigious title was received from the 2021 U.S. Effie Awards in the category of Engaged Community – Products/Digital.
Other honors include:
- Five awards from the IDÉA Awards
- Media Grand Prix Winner, Best content creation, Best integrated campaign, Best use of social media and Best use of data and research
- Four awards from CMA Awards – Canada
- Business Impact (Gold), Environics Analytics Data-Driven Marketing (Gold), Brand Building (Silver) and Engagement (Bronze)
- Three awards from the Festival of Media North America – NYC
- Best campaign for automotive (Gold), Judges choice award and Best use of digital platforms
- Best use of data and insights from the Festival of Media Global
- Best campaign led by data from the MMG Awards
- Automotive Grand Prix from the World Media Awards
- Media Plan of the Year from AdWeek – NYC
- Bronze Media Agency of the Year – Canada from Strategy
- Niche Marketing (Silver) award from the Media Innovation Awards.
“We’re thrilled to have received close to 20 awards to highlight our success, notably for our engaged community, excellent content creation and innovative use of data insights,” said Martin Ethier, director, global marketing, Can-Am On-Road. “I would like to thank all the partners and riders who made this achievement possible and support us in our mission to open the road to women!”
The community of Women of On-Road provides advice, support and inspiration for one another every day to help women overcome the barriers that prevent them from experiencing the power of riding. With that in mind, the program has proudly funded female-focused initiatives over the last twelve months including:
- Alisa Clickenger’s book “Get Started Riding Motorcycles”: Alisa Clickenger is a best-selling author whose first book was about boosting confidence through riding. Women of On-Road helped Clickenger with the release and edition of her second book, “How to get started riding,” which will help other women get on the road. The book that features a chapter on three-wheel vehicles is available now on Amazon (Canada and U.S.).
- The Mid-Atlantic Women’s Motorcycle Rally: Can-Am was a proud official sponsor of the Mid-Atlantic Women’s Motorcycle Rally in June. It is a premium three-day motorcycling event that brings women motorcyclists and enthusiasts together and raises funds to support women with the challenges of cancer.
“There is still a long way to go for women in the motorcycle industry, but we are proud to be making a profound impact and bring change while inspiring others,” said Evelyne Plante, lead, Women of On-Road. “In 2022, we’re excited for more female-driven opportunities to come to fruition to continue our mission. We will be working hard to globalize the program, involve more of our Can-Am dealers and further connect the members of our community, both online and offline.”
More information on all of the 2021 initiatives supported by Women of On-Road, including Valor Ranch and Deadwood 3 Wheeler Rally, can be found here. New initiatives for the Women of On-Road program are always welcomed and can be submitted online using that same link.
To find out more about Can-Am On-Road including vehicle lineup, accessories and product specs, as well as the numerous programs in place to empower and support our passionate owners’ community, visit www.CanAmOnRoad.com.