BRP introduced its 2016 Ski-Doo snowmobile line-up and special law enforcement edition Can-Am models at its semi-annual dealer meeting. The 2016 snowmobiles models include an adjustable ski, and expansion of new technologies and accessories.
Some of the highlights of the new models unveiled at the dealer meeting were the introduction of Pilot TS ski, an industry first adjustable ski; Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) expanded to Rotax 1200 4-TEC engines; and an adventure motorcycle-inspired Renegade Enduro snowmobile.
“The 2016 Ski-Doo line-up shows that BRP never stops pushing innovation,” stated Anne Bélec, senior vice-president, Global Brand Strategy and Information Systems. “A ski, one of the basic components of a snowmobile, has been re-engineered so riders can instantly adjust ski bite for changing snow conditions and riding styles. Plus, we bring new models that re-invent or shape segments of the business. It’s this kind of leadership that keeps BRP at the forefront.”
The company said that the new snowmobile models, innovations and accessories further consolidates its position as a leader in the industry. For 2016, Ski-Doo has introduced:
- Summit Burton edition, appealing to the large population of snowboarders and skiers that want easy access to the backcountry;
- Renegade Enduro model, inspired by an adventure motorcycle, delivering all-around capability no matter where it is ridden;
- Expedition Xtreme sled, the most rugged and high-performing Ski-Doo utility snowmobile;
- MXZ Blizzard snowmobile with 129˝ track configuration to give in-season buyers the features they want;
- Intelligent Throttle Control (iTC) technology now expanded to the Rotax 1200 4-TEC series of engines. The iTC system improves throttle response, allows operators to choose between three driving modes on the fly and includes learning key functions to control top speed and acceleration; and
- A full line of apparel and accessories complements the 2016 snowmobile product line.
BRP also introduced three Can-Am off-road models designed specifically for law enforcement organizations, with a special matte black color scheme, pre-installed emergency lights and a warning device to serve the needs of local governments and municipalities.