The Minitrial Electric model is back and comes in two sizes. The 16-inch model is designed for youth riders between the ages of 5 and 9 years and the 20-inch model is for riders aged between 8 and 12 years. These two MiniTrials Electric Bikes are a great introduction to riding trials for young riders in a non-intimidating way.
These models have taken electric trials to a new level with their seamless power that has no hesitation or gaps. This alone will build confidence in future trial champions. The frames are aluminum, making the bikes a full 8 pounds lighter than other brands. These bikes have fully hydraulic brakes with an adjustable air shock in the back. Maxxis tires provide these bikes with the grip and control to produce a stable platform for kids to learn the sport of trials.
The Minitrial E has a three-position power switch (Slow, Medium and Fast) and will run for roughly a full two hours on the slow/trial position.
- Rugged chassis and swingarm: Weight is important in a youth trial bike. Both the frame and the swingarm are constructed of aluminum with a hardness heat treatment, achieving a robust bike that does not exceed 53 pounds. Another very important feature is the weight distribution; it is designed with an optimized center of gravity for a comfortable ride while providing maximum traction.
- Programmable digital switchboard: The Minitrial-E has a programmable digital control with three power curves — all of them with an initial soft engagement to eliminate the abrupt “on/off” characteristic of electric motors. The first setting is slow for riders starting out, then medium for after they get the basic skills, and the highest setting is for more advanced trial riders.
- Adjustable suspension: The front fork features 25-millimeter tubes and an adjustable compression spring in an oil bath with an air shock for the rear suspension.
- Shimano hydraulic Bbrakes: Provide perfect braking, a mark of quality and reliability for the younger rider.
- Guards: The front brake as well as the drive chain are enclosed to insure safety.
- Chain guide: Essential for off-road, this unique chain guide insures a proper guide for the chain to reduce failures.
- MiniTrial 16-inch: $2,299
- MiniTrial 20-inch: $2,499
- Destination fee: $189