In an ongoing effort to refine and improve its products, Pilot Motosport has launched a new version of its Direct Air Jacket. With a host of new features and a completely updated style, the Direct Air V3 continues to offer riders the extreme versatility and quality of the original.
Pilot knows that the best jacket is the one you’re wearing and that if a jacket is uncomfortably hot or restrictive, it’s more likely to be left at home. With this in mind, we designed the Direct Air jacket to be suitable to a wide range of climate conditions and riding styles.
Ever find yourself out for a ride on a sunny day only to have skies darken and begin to dump? We’ve all been there. The Direct Air jacket features a mesh exterior as well as an all new REISSA waterproof membrane. You’ll be cool in the sun, warm in a chill and dry in the rain.
There was a time when mesh jackets got a bad rap for durability, but over the years we’ve worked with our fabric suppliers to develop a 210D Dense Interlink Mesh (DIM) that flows air like a sieve but protects like chainmail. The dense overlocking weave pattern provides extraordinary durability and abrasion resistance.
Pilot didn’t skimp on armor either, with the addition of CE rated CORE Force Impact Armor. This armor employs recent advances in polymer compound technology in order to remain flexible and forgiving when worn, but stiffen, absorb and disperse upon impact. The result is a more comfortable jacket, without sacrificing safety.
The notion that a mesh jacket can’t be comfortable in the heat, dry in the rain and also be a “real” piece of protective kit stops with the Direct Air Jacket V3.
What’s new from outgoing model?
- All new design for 2017 and V3 model
- All new CE approved Core Force Active armor technology made of polyurethane foam is soft and flexible, but hardens and absorbs upon sudden impact
- Newer, low sheen Pilotex 600D NPF material used
- Neck has been lowered 1 cm for more comfortable fit
- All new Pilot TRIAD logos used on upper arms, inner woven label and snap heads
- Neck flap uses new micro male Velcro
- Silicone printing of new Pilot TRIAD logo below neck on back
- Smaller rubber head snaps feature Pilot TRIAD logo
- Zip-Out liner is now waterproof, windproof and breathable REISSA membrane
- Removed lightweight material on wind flap, replaced with stronger 600D
- Larger cell phone pocket to accept new size phones in the market
- TPU pulls on waist straps replaced with elastic
- Belt loop snap will attach to jeans or riding pants with belt loops
- PPSS System – Panel to Panel/Seam to Seam sewn in Velcro for high strength