The MIC is looking for a few good mentors. Odds are, you may have had a helping hand or two on your way to the top. Perhaps the PowerLily Gas Tank program can be an opportunity for you to return that favor.
The PowerLily “Gas Tank” is similar to “Shark Tank,” where aspiring entrepreneur-contestants make business presentations to a panel of “shark” mentors. “Gas Tank” is specific to the powersports industry and available only to PowerLily members. It provides a platform for PowerLily members to submit business plans for a new innovation, product or service idea. The finalists then have an opportunity to pitch their idea live to influential industry business leaders at AIMExpo and gain insight, visibility, valuable feedback and industry connections.
- 2017 Program announced at AIMExpo 2016.
- PowerLily participants apply for participation by 2/28/2017.
- Once applications are received, MIC matches applicant with an MIC mentor.
- Business plans due 6/15/17.
- On or before 7/14/17, judges narrow submissions to a maximum of five finalists.
- Finalists have an opportunity to exhibit their business/product and give a 6-minute pitch at AIMExpo 2017. Q&A with the judges will follow the pitch.
- Business presentations will be evaluated based on set of agreed metrics including monetary growth-potential and overall strategic plan.
Please let MIC know if you would like to participate. The initial mentors will be announced as soon as possible to help create buzz, excitement and participation in the program.
The initial group of mentors and judges who helped make the inaugural year a big success were:
- Arnie Ackerman, chairman emeritus and founder Motorsport Aftermarket Group (MAG)
- Eric Anderson, founder and partner, Vroom Network
- Deb Drinan, director of business development for Nelson-Rigg USA
- Frank Esposito, vice president of Scorpion Sports
- Mary Green, past content/editorial director for Dealernews/Advanstar
- Scot Harden, chief marketing officer at Torrot/GasGas Motos North America
- Kim Harrison, general manager at Coleman Powersports and MIC Dealer Advisory Council Member
- Steve Johnson, past president and chief operating officer of Tucker Rocky Distributing
- Jessica Prokup, PowerLily founder and marketing director at Twisted Throttle
If you have any questions about the program or its time commitment, please contact email@example.com or any one of the inaugural mentors or judges.
PowerLily is a network of professional women in the powersports industry. PowerLily is committed to expanding opportunities for women in the powersports industry by providing programs for professional growth, education and leadership opportunities. PowerLily is an MIC Aftermarket subcommittee chaired by MIC member Sarah Schilke, National Marketing Manager, BMW Motorrad.