Five female powersports entrepreneurs participating in the PowerLily Gas Tank program will present their business plans to powersports industry leaders at noon on Thursday, October 13, in rooms 310 E and F (North Hall), at AIMExpo 2016. In addition to the presentation, the finalists will be exhibiting at AIMExpo in booths 2703 to 2711, October 13 and 14 to industry dealers, and October 15 and 16 to the public.
The finalists are:
• Debra Chin, MotoChic – functional and fashionable apparel and accessories for women powersports enthusiasts.
• Alisa Clickenger, Women Motorcycle Tours – motorcycle tours specifically designed for female riders. Group riding experiences that are both empowering and fun.
• Katie McKay, ModernMotoMagazine.com – a print, digital and mobile magazine, which showcases motorcycle apparel in a fashion-centric format.
• Ashley Simpson, Vixen Riding Gear – retail service that focuses on mixing, matching and merchandising women’s motorcycle gear and apparel.
• Gina Woods, Open Road Incredible Edibles – organic and natural artisan, handcrafted specialty confectionery bars for riders.
The finalists have been working for more than six months with industry mentors to create successful business plans. Their mentors are:
• Eric Anderson, founder and partner, Vroom Network.
• Steve Johnson, past president and chief operating officer of Tucker Rocky Distributing.
• Frank Esposito, vice president of Scorpion Sports.
• Scot Harden, chief marketing officer at Torrot/GasGas Motos North America.
• Mary Slepicka Green, past content/editorial director for Dealernews/Advanstar.
• Deb Drinan, director of business development for Nelson Rigg-USA.
The PowerLily “Gas Tank” program is similar to “Shark Tank,” where aspiring entrepreneur-contestants make business presentations to a panel of “shark” industry leaders. “Gas Tank” is specific to the powersports industry and available only to PowerLily members. It provides a platform for PowerLily members to work with industry mentors to hone business plans for a chance to pitch live in front of influential industry business leaders and gain insight, visibility, valuable feedback and industry connections.
“The opportunity to showcase the fresh thinking and unique talent of women who are passionate about powersports to industry VIPs is proof of our commitment to PowerLily and innovation,” said Sarah Schilke, chair of PowerLily and national marketing manager of BMW Motorrad.